Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

jack.dunn_193376 avatar image
jack.dunn_193376 asked jack.dunn_193376 commented

Examination Proctor is not accepting my ID for Certification Exam

Hi, I'm trying to do my Developer Path Certification exam. During my course I went by my commonly used name which is Jack, but when asked by the Proctor to show my ID I showed them my Australian Driver's Licence, which has my official name John. Jack is a very common nickname for John and appears on my work pass etc.
The Proctor would not accept my ID so now I'm wondering what my next steps should be.
Could I update the first name in my registration within Academy?
Hopefully I don't have to go through the courses again.
Thanks, Jack Dunn

certification
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered jack.dunn_193376 commented

Funnily enough, I have the same problem. My legal name is John Erick. :)

You must use your legal name otherwise the proctors have no way of verifying your identity. Nicknames are not allowed.

I have updated your DataStax Academy profile to John Dunn. I've also advised the Academy team on academy@datastax.com to request Mettl to update your profile accordingly.

For what it's worth, I'm on holidays and have limited mobile access so my responses are delayed. Cheers!

5 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks Erick! Apologies for interrupting your holiday. Enjoy the rest in peace. HNY :)

Jack

0 Likes 0 ·

Happy new year!

0 Likes 0 ·
jack.dunn_193376 avatar image jack.dunn_193376 Erick Ramirez ♦♦ ·

Hi again Eric,

Please don't worry about this until you're back from leave :

Hope you had a great holiday! I attempted to take the Developer Path certification again after you had changed my name on my registration to John Dunn.

However the Proctor still said my first name didn't match. I also told them that Datastax Academy had changed my details, but they couldn't see the change and also couldn't see any correspondence about it. - So I'm wondering whether the change went through, or perhaps it was accidentally backed out??

When I look at my profile on Academy it still has my first name as Jack

Thanks again for all the help on this,

Jack (John) Dunn

1609823033004.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1609823033004.png (68.9 KiB)
Show more comments