Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

t.ariunbat_189192 avatar image
t.ariunbat_189192 asked Erick Ramirez commented

Does AlwaysOn SQL Service offer multiple ODBC connections?

I see that AOSS offers high availability for ODBC apps. I have started Spark Thrift server on single node and if multiple clients try to connect via ODBC driver while a client's query is being executed, the error occurs as it only allows single client. So if I set up AOSS on all nodes, does it solve my problem of multiple users interacting with SQL queries from multiple servers to AOSS?

alwayson-sql
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@Erick Ramirez What is your opinion on this question?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

Yes, it does. I also wanted to point out that the AlwaysOn SQL Service needs to be enabled on all Analytics nodes in the DC. This is how the service provides high availability.

You can read more about it in the blog post Introducing AlwaysOn SQL for DSE Analytics.

For what it's worth, I'm on holidays and have limited mobile access so my responses are delayed. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you for taking time to answer. Much appreciated. Happy holidays!

0 Likes 0 ·

Happy to help. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·