Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

karthikckn avatar image
karthikckn asked Erick Ramirez edited

nodetool: Failed to connect to '127.0.0.1:7199' - URISyntaxException: 'Malformed IPv6 address at index 7: rmi://[127.0.0.1]:7199'

I have added below script in cassandra-env.sh and restarted cassandra, still issue not fixed
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Dcom.sun.jndi.rmiURLParsing=legacy"

nodetool
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

This issue is a duplicate of question #13764 where I've explained the workaround.

The issue relates to clients such as nodetool which needs to switch to legacy parsing to get around the stricter rules for RMI URLs. The keyword in my statement above being "clients". You've applied the workaround on the server but the issue affects clients, not server.

Also, it is not a fix -- just a temporary workaround. The issue has been fixed in Cassandra 3.0.27, 3.11.13, 4.0.4 and 4.1 by CASSANDRA-17581. You will need to upgrade to the latest supported version to get the fix. Cheers!

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.