Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

bensmail avatar image
bensmail asked Erick Ramirez answered

Which keyspaces should I replicate for DSE Analytics Solo?

Hello,

I have a standart Datastax DSE cluster with 2 DCs (DC_DSE1 and DC_DSE2).

I have also in each DC an Analytic solo DSE for spark purpose attached to the Ring of the DSE mentioned above (DC_ANALYTIC_DSE1 and DC_ANALYTIC_DSE2).

I will not replicate of course the applicative Keyspaces with analytics one.

Which Keyspaces should I replicate between the Four DC? those one?

• dse_leases
  • HiveMetaStore
  • system_distributed
  • system_auth
  • dse_perf
  • system_traces
  • dse_security
  • dse_analytics

Regards

Salah

analytics solo
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steve.lacerda avatar image
steve.lacerda answered Erick Ramirez edited

All of the keyspaces you've listed can be replicated throughout the cluster without harm. You really only need dse_leases and HiveMetaStore on the analytics nodes, however, it would not hurt to replicate them. The only one you want to ensure you don't replicate outside of the dc is dsefs. With dsefs it should be dc specific, so even amongst the analytics nodes, you do not want to replicate your dsefs keyspace and each analytics DC should have it's own dsefs keyspace, so you could have dsefs_dc1 and dsefs_dc2 or something like that.

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

You cannot have replicas in the Analytics Solo DC because they are not designed to store any data except for the following two keyspaces:

• dse_leases
  • dse_analytics

These keyspaces are specially designed for Spark so can only have replicas in Analytics data centres.

For additional information, see Creating a DSE Analytics Solo datacenter. If you need assistance or have follow up questions, please log a ticket with DataStax Support. Cheers!

10 |1000