Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

joel avatar image
joel asked Erick Ramirez commented

Are there plans to support OpenTelemetry tracing in the C# driver?

I'm currently looking at integrating OpenTelemetry tracing in our code base. We are using CassandraCSharpDriver and I am wondering if there is (or are plans) for OpenTelemetry tracing support in any way?

csharp drivermetrics
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

I personally haven't seen a request for OpenTelemetry support and I'm not aware of any immediate plans to do so. That's not to say that it won't be, just that I haven't seen it.

I would strongly encourage you to log a Jira ticket so it is at least recorded. And remember that we accept contributions in the form of pull requests.

In the meantime, I will reach out to the drivers engineers and will post an update if I have anything new to report. Cheers!

3 comments Share
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ok! Thanks

It would be interesting to dig into the internals and see if I can contribute in anyway, just need to find the time : )

0 Likes 0 ·

Not sure where to put the issue, or what it needs in form of information/description, but I created something here: https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/CSHARP-969

0 Likes 0 ·
Fantastic! Thanks for logging the jira. Cheers!
0 Likes 0 ·