Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

claude avatar image
claude asked absurdfarce answered

Is there a Cassandra C++ driver for Ubuntu 20?

The currently available Cassandra C++ drivers only work for Ubuntu 18 and lower. If you install a clean Ubuntu 20 the C++ driver can not be installed as the multiarch-support is not available for install. It seems to be present if it was installed before a migration but is not available on a clean install.

Is there a solution for this?

cpp driver
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

absurdfarce avatar image
absurdfarce answered

I mentioned this on CPP-948 but I'll mention it hear as well to increase discoverability. The problem reported above does occur for version 2.16.0 of the driver. Subsequent versions implemented a fix which removed the dependency on multiarch-support (see this commit if you're really curious). Subsequent versions should install fine on Ubuntu 21.10; I just confirmed that 2.16.2 (the most recent driver version as of this writing) does install without issue.

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

I'm not familiar with this problem so thanks for bringing it up.

I see that you've also raised CPP-948. I'll reach out to the Drivers team and get them to respond to you. Cheers!

10 |1000