Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

Dharun avatar image
Dharun asked Erick Ramirez answered

What is basic requirement for running DSE with Analytics?

What is basic requirement for running dse with analytics enabled docker with 2 datacenter (3+3) ?

I'm trying to setup a cluster with 2 datacenter haveing 3 nodes each. I need to have analytics enabled. I have 16 gb of ram in my local machine. Will I be able to run ?

I'm using dse 6.8.15

If yes , can I switch it to kubernetes for the production use ?

dseanalytics
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

starlord avatar image
starlord answered Dharun edited

You can get it running yes, but for production use I'd recommend a minimum of 32G ram and 16 logical cpus per node.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

As a general rule, the absolute minimum requirements for production use of DSE is 32GB of RAM + 8 CPU cores.

For Analytics workloads, the recommended configuration doubles to 64GB of RAM + 16 CPU cores so you can allocate more resources to the Spark workers/executors. It is possible to work with less but there will be a tradeoff in performance which may or may not be acceptable to you.

For details, see DSE Capacity planning and hardware selection.

Running DSE on Kubernetes with Analytics enabled using the cass-operator is currently classified as experimental due to the known limitations of Spark on Kubernetes environments so it is not recommended right now for production. Cheers!