Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

k avatar image
k asked Erick Ramirez answered

Unable to check core indexing status

Hi Team,
I have started indexing on one table after adding few columns to the table. Table is very big in size having huge data and more number of columns.

Unfortunately i am unable to check status of indexing using core_indexing_status dsetool command it was showing output like INDEXING [ N/A ] and in debug logs continuously getting only below line

INFO [pool-6-thread-1] 2021-10-06 10:25:52,877 DocumentsWriter.java:785 - Waited 0 milliseconds for 0 flushing segments.

But after some time now i am getting output like

dsetool core_indexing_status test_us.emptestset

Sorry, command not available in this node

However same command gives proper result for other cores.

Can you please guide if there is any other way which i can use to check exact status of indexing.

All solr query related to core are not giving results due to this so i am stucked.

dsesolr
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

Without looking at the diagnostic data, it's impossible for me to know what is wrong with your cluster and you need assistance from the Support team to be able to diagnose your problem.

The only thing I can tell you is that the Solr core doesn't exist which is why you are getting this error:

Sorry, command not available in this node

Please log a ticket with DataStax Support so one of our engineers can assist you directly. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.