Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

vlyalcin avatar image
vlyalcin asked Erick Ramirez answered

Where can I download the RPM package of DataStax Cassandra ODBC driver?

Hi All,
I would like to install the DataStax Cassandra ODBC driver to Oracle Linux 7.9. To do that, I follow the "DataStax ODBC driver for Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise with CQL connector Install Guide" document that is linked at https://downloads.datastax.com/#odbc-jdbc-drivers

The file that available when I click to download is DataStaxCassandraODBC-2.6.6.1006-Linux.tar.gz

But the document linked at download page specifies the RPM package, not tar file:

datastax.png

I have been searching where I can download officially the "DataStaxCassandraODBC-[Version].rpm" for a day.

Then I found this link that you can only use with only 21 day trial license: https://www.magnitude.com/drivers/cassandra-odbc-jdbc

This is the file I downloaded after I fill the registration form: simbacassandra-2.6.0.1000-1.x86_64.rpm

It looks like the file I have been looking for it but with different name.

To clear up the confusion:

Is DataStaxCassandraODBC-[Version].rpm available officially? Or it's no longer freely availabe and only way to download/use it is to pay to simba/magnitude?

cassandraodbc driver
datastax.png (154.6 KiB)
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

You are correct. We are only able to provide the tarball version for free from the DataStax Downloads site.

Otherwise, you'll need to pay for the other versions that Magnitude offers. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.