Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

anson avatar image
anson asked Erick Ramirez answered

Does a snapshot of keyspaces take a backup of user roles and permissions?

Hi,

I am planning to take a backup of the some keyspaces from the cluster and trying to restore them to another cluster. The keypsaces that i am trying to take backup has many permissions and roles to them as well as to the tables underneath them.

If we take the backup of the keyspaces using SNAPSHOT tool ,are we taking the users and their roles that belong to those keyspaces too?

If so, after i restore the same backup using sstableloader we are restoring the user_roles and permissions too?

Thanks

backuprestore
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

Yes, a nodetool snapshot of the system_auth keyspace will take a backup of the roles and permissions in a cluster.

You can then clone the snapshots of the roles, role_members and role_permissions tables to another cluster. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.