Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

Gangadhara M.B avatar image
Gangadhara M.B asked Erick Ramirez edited

How do we load data to AWS Keyspaces using DSBulk?

I have DSE Cassandra 5.1.11 running on EC2 Instance , now want to do migrate keyspaces from DSE Cassandra to AWS KEYSPACES .

I have installed dsbulk-1.7.0 on my EC2 Instance where DSE Cassandra is running and took some table data unload like below

dsbulk unload -url bouter_statistics -k bouter -t bouter_statistics -u dbadmin -p xxxxx -h 10.10.105.11

Questions are Below

=====================

1) How can we load unloaded data into AWS KEYSPACES

While loading data into AWS keyspace what all are the option/parameters should specify, how do we specify/point data to be loaded to AWS KEYSPACES with the above unloaded data from keyspace bouter table bouter_statistics.

2) What all are the security parameters and type of security or ports to be opened between EC2 Instance Cassandra node and AWS KEYSPACE

3) Question is can we take keyspace data unload in single attempt/command like how we take schema/user level backup in Oracle and load that DSE specific keyspace data into AWS KEYSPACES

Thanks

Gangadhara

dsbulkaws keyspaces
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez edited

The DataStax Bulk Loader (DSBulk) was designed for (a) unloading data from and (b) loading data to:

We don't support AWS Keyspaces and it isn't something we test so I don't know if it will work. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.