PLANNED MAINTENANCE

Hello, DataStax Community!

We want to make you aware of a few operational updates which will be carried out on the site. We are working hard to streamline the login process to integrate with other DataStax resources. As such, you will soon be prompted to update your password. Please note that your username will remain the same.

As we work to improve your user experience, please be aware that login to the DataStax Community will be unavailable for a few hours on:

• Wednesday, July 15 16:00 PDT | 19:00 EDT | 20:00 BRT
  • Thursday, July 16 00:00 BST | 01:00 CEST | 04:30 IST | 07:00 CST | 09:00 AEST

For more info, check out the FAQ page. Thank you for being a valued member of our community.

question

meet.anadkat_163766 avatar image
meet.anadkat_163766 asked ·

How can I get the status of Spark applications in DSE 5.0?

Hello,

I am running DSE 5.0 version with analytics enabled. My spark applications are running fine in client as well as cluster modes. However, if I try to get the status of an application that is running in cluster deploy-mode, it gives me following error:

Error: Requesting submission statuses is only supported in standalone or Mesos mode!

After a bit research read somewhere that DSE uses custom cluster manager. If that's the case, how come dse --help is showing the option to run status commands.

And if so, is there any other way to get the status of submitted applications?

Thanks in advance!

sparkspark-submitdse 5.0status
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@meet.anadkat_163766 there appears to be a bug with the dse spark-submit --status which does not work with the DSE Resource Manager. We no longer provide fixes since DSE 5.0 has reached EOL so the only workaround I can give is to check the status of applications on the Spark master web UI. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.