Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

stephen9834 avatar image
stephen9834 asked ·

Removed one keyspace but still appears in nodetool repair

We have removed one keyspace from cluster but still this keyspace appearing in nodetool repair and failing repair process how can we solve this issue without restarting dse service?

getting below messages in logs

Reading cardinality from Statistics.db failed for /var/lib/cassandra/data/OpsCenter/rollups86400

how can we Solve this ? is it okay if we run RefreshSizeEstimates?

opscenter
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I get the sense you mean that you dropped the OpsCenter keyspace. If you're still monitoring the cluster with OpsCenter, the keyspace will get recreated.

Please log a ticket with DataStax Support so one of our engineers can assist you. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

let me provide more information so that you can help. i have removed opscenter completely and stopped monitoring 2 node cluster and then i dropped opscenter keyspace and data from both nodes but when i am running nodetool repair on both node on 1 node its working fine but on 1 node i am getting above errors might be 1 node didnt received drop response . as per refreshsizeestimates table data 1 node has opscenter keyspace and other node dont have what should be done in this case?

0 Likes 0 ·

It sounds like you have a schema disagreement and the schema change didn't get propagated to all nodes.

As I previously stated, this Q&A forum isn't intended as a replacement for support. You will need to log a ticket for support issues so our team of engineers can assist you. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·