Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

stephen9834 avatar image
stephen9834 asked nikhilsk99_141387 answered

How do I troubleshoot slow read performance?

Please advise me with steps to troubleshoot slow read performance in dse 6.7.4 with search enabled feature.

i am checking with read cassandra_table_readlatency_95thpercentile and i can see latency is about 9 ms which was 500-600 us before.

would 9ms will affect performance or is it normal.

performance
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

There is no "universal" latency value that applies to all clusters. Each cluster is unique and the idea of "normal" is whatever it is for your specific cluster.

The reason for this is that there are a lot of moving parts and no two clusters are the same -- hardware configuration, use case, data model, access patterns, cluster load, disk throughput, network throughput, etc.

If you think there is a problem with your cluster or if you need support assistance, please log a ticket with DataStax Support. Cheers!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nikhilsk99_141387 avatar image
nikhilsk99_141387 answered

Have you check on https://academy.datastax.com/#/online-courses/ there is a session in DS310 course on DSE Search on "Trouble Shooting Slow Queries"