We have multi DC cluster set up ,having Three DC are on-premise and one AWS DC (EC2 I3.2x large Instance) , in total four DC cluster .
1) Now I am considering to add few more nodes only to AW DC, after adding new nodes only to AWS DC , should "nodetool cleanup" run only on AWS DC ? or should "nodetool cleanup" run on all DC including on-prim Three DC .
2) Can "nodetool cleanup" be run in parallel or only one node at a time ?
3) If needs to run "nodetool cleanup" on on-prim DC as well , can we run cleanup in parallel with AWS DC .
4) Any ways to control(parameters) to set before start running cleanup so that it doesn't Impact business as usual and doesn't spike up system resource usage on the node where cleanup runs?
5) Do we also need to run repair(nodetool reapir -pr -j 4) on each node of each DC after cleanup execution completes.