Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

stephen9834 avatar image
stephen9834 asked Erick Ramirez commented

How can we add dsetool indexing in CI/CD configuration?

As per requirement we change schema.xml more often and we want to automate same by committing schema and applying same from remote system to cassandra solr node can you help me with your ideas to do this in perfect way .

Thanks

dsesearch
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

There are 2 possibilities I could think of:

1. Install DSE on another server (without starting DSE) and run the dsetool utility remotely.
  2. Use the CQL index management API to make changes to the Solr schema remotely.

You will need to specify the remote host with -h or --host when running dsetool utility remotely. For details, see DSE Tool Connection options.

For details on managing Search indexes, see DSE Search index schema and the Quick Start Guide for CQL index management.

I'm only able to provide general recommendations without knowing much about your use case and it's challenging to do that with the Q&A format of this forum so if you have any follow up questions, please log a ticket with DataStax Support so one of our engineers can assist you directly. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks for valuable help !!

0 Likes 0 ·

Not a problem. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·