Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

arnulf.hanauer_193730 avatar image
arnulf.hanauer_193730 asked Erick Ramirez answered

What are the steps to implement Zipkin tracing across a cluster?

I am trying to implement Zipkin tracing (instead of the default Cassandra tracing) for Cassandra CQL calls and the trivial case of running a Zipkin server and single Cassandra node on the same host/docker is well documented and I have tested this successfully.

I am now trying to expand the trace collections across a full cluster of nodes (12x nodes, 2x DC's C*=3.11.7) with a separate Zipkin server & its own Cassandra3 backend - also known as Zipkin across C*.

I am unable to find any documentation that shows the components or steps necessary to implement Zipkin tracing across a C* cluster. Has anybody implemented such a tracing solution and/or can anybody provide some guidance as to the steps necessary?

zipkin
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

I don't have details handy so I'm going to reach out to the team at The Last Pickle for assistance.

I will update this post as appropriate. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.