Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

dshevchuk avatar image
dshevchuk asked ·

How do I add a node to a DC using Lifecycle Manager?

I have a DSE 6.8 cluster (vnode-enabled) that was installed using Lifecycle Manager and contains two DC:

• dc1 - 3 x Cassandra nodes
  • dc2 - 2 x Analytics Solo nodes

I need to add 1 new node to dc2.

Should I follow steps described here: Adding nodes to vnode-enabled cluster

Or I can use LCM for this: add new node to datacenter topology and just run install job for single node?

LCM documentation has sections "Defining DSE topologies/Managing node topologies/Adding a node" and "Running LCM jobs/Running an installation job" but looks like it assumes adding a node at time when new cluster/datacenter is created. Can this steps from LCM documentation be used for adding a new node to the existing datacenter?

lifecycle manager
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Yes, you are correct. You need to follow the instructions in the LCM Adding a node procedure.

Adding a node after creating a new DC and adding a node to an existing DC are the same operation.

If you need assistance or run into issues, please log a ticket with DataStax Support so one of our engineers can assist you directly. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.