Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

bharadhwajt avatar image
bharadhwajt asked ·

How can I customise OpsCenter to only send node down alerts to PagerDuty?

Hello all. I am trying to setup OPSCenter alerts with pagerduty integration and at the same time, I am looking for only Alert- for Node down. May I know how is it possible? I see the Eventlog in opscenter has this messages- (11/17/2020, 1:00AM UTC Alert The best practice rule 'Tombstone count' has failed). which I don't want to get paged. Is there a way we can change? Looks like with email alert we cannot change and posturl.conf is the only option.

In summary- I am trying to integrate OPSC with pagerduty where I have to get Node down alerts/page only.

opscenter
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

It is not possible to customise the alerts sent to external systems such as PagerDuty.

All events in OpsCenter which are configured to generate an alert will be posted to external systems.

But you can disable alerting on specific events. For example, you can turn off the rules for the Best Practice Service if you don't want to get alerts for them. Cheers!

4 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @Erick Ramirez,

Thanks for replying. If we turn off the rules, we won't be able to see the problem there to address right. And also we cannot change what can be Alert or INFO or WARN.

For Example: 11/17/2020, 1:00AM UTC Alert The best practice rule 'Tombstone count' has failed- > Can this be INFO/WARN instead of Alert?

0 Likes 0 · ·

Correct, if you turn off the rules then you get alerted about them. The idea is that if you've set up alerting in OpsCenter then it will send out those events to the external system.

No, the event levels (INFO, WARNING, ERROR) are not configurable. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
bharadhwajt avatar image bharadhwajt Erick Ramirez ♦♦ ·

@Erick Ramirez Thanks. I see that at least I can filter at the pager duty UI. Solved my problem temporarily.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments