Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

nagasree963_193876 avatar image
nagasree963_193876 asked ·

What is the default storage class for the cass-operator?

If we didn't mention any storage class, will cass-operator allows to take deafult storage class. When I tried it , I was getting error like as below:

{"level":"error","ts":1605543665.3131726,"logger":"controller-runtime.controller","msg":"Reconciler error","controller":"cassandradatacenter-controller", "request":"cassandra-str/dc1","error":"storageConfig.cassandraDataVolumeClaimSpec.storageClassName is required","stacktrace":"github.com/go-logr/zapr.

cass-operator
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I didn't quite understand what you meant in your description, but you will need to specify the storage parameters when using the DataStax cass-operator.

The Quick Start guide has information on the storage options and how to set up a cluster. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I mentioned the storage class spec as below:

storageConfig:

cassandraDataVolumeClaimSpec:

#storageClassName: standard-ssd ------>

accessModes:

- ReadWriteOnce

resources:

requests:

storage: 5Gi

If I comment that storageClassName, Will it take the default storage class ?

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ nagasree963_193876 ·

You need to specify the storage class based on the storage settings you defined. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·