Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

sandhyarme avatar image
sandhyarme asked ·

Is Cassandra supported on k3s cluster?

Cassandra datacenter with 2 or 3 pods on single cluster is supported on light weight kubernetes i.e, k3s cluster with 2 or 3 nodes on centos 7 vm's ?

kubernetes
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

You should be able to deploy Cassandra on k3s.

There isn't official support for k3s but you can use it for non-production workloads. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks Erick.

Cassandra can be supported as db with in kubernetes cluster and outside kubernetes cluster ?

Suppose some rest API services running with in kubernetes pod instance and some API services running outside kubernetes cluster on Linux virtual machines.

In such case, the cassandra cluster maintained with in kubernetes would manage both API's with in kubernetes and outside kubernetes ?

OR Is there any other ways we can achieve such requirement ?

OR we have to go with 2 DB instances one with in kubernetes cluster and one outside cluster ?

Please need your suggesstion.

0 Likes 0 · ·

As I stated, there is no support for k3s so I'm not able to comment. If you have no experience, I wouldn't recommend deploying on k3s since you will have to figure out the issues on your own. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·