Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

sumsionjg_26599 avatar image
sumsionjg_26599 asked ·

Is there a way to trace a Solr query?

I tried turning tracing on and then running a Solr query through CQL, but the trace stopped at the top of Solr and just gave summary stats about the Solr results.

What I want to know is how many joins happened, and how many documents each search term matched. I want to know how expensive each join was (how much it contributed to the latency of the search). I also want to know how many filter cache entries got reused (or had to get recalculated).

Is there a way to do this with DSE query tracing? If not, is there a way to do this with Solr?

searchsolr
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

maedhroz avatar image
maedhroz answered ·

Unfortunately, CQL tracing does not reach into the Solr query execution apparatus. In the case of HTTP queries, Solr itself exposes the debug parameter, but that rolls down to the query phase level, and while it's worth a try, might not be at the granularity you're looking for.

1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

The debug parameter will help get further than I currently am. Thanks for the pointer.

0 Likes 0 · ·