I am trying to add new DC in AWS cloud (EC2) into an already existing on prim multi DC cluster.
The new DC going to be added will have 18 nodes in AWS EC2 ,the existing on prim DC has total of three DC and each DC has 06 nodes .
Plan is to move current existing cluster to AWS by building new DC in AWS and one final day flip all application traffic to AWS
Current version of Cassandra on on-prim is DSE 5.1.x and adding new DC in AWS also with DSE 5.1.x .
Later once application get validated and stabilized then we consider to upgrade to 5.6.x in AWS
1) When initial/first starting of any nodes in new AWS DC , should auto_bootstrap set to true on all nodes or set only on designated seed nodes in the new DC . ?
2) Once all new nodes in new AWS DC are online , should auto_bootstrap set to false on all new nodes or does it needs to be set to true on some/any of node ?
3) We are planning to identify one of on-prim DC as source of truth for streaming data into new DC .
4) [Re-posted as question #8965]
5) [Re-posted as question #8956]