Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

Shannu avatar image
Shannu asked ·

Can I enable Solr in a running DSE cluster?

Can I enable solr in running cluster?...if so...just with seed nodes or should I be enabling it for all the nodes. how shall I approach it?

Note: No resources to bring up another DC

[UPDATE] DSE 5.1.20

search
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @Shannu,

would you update your original post with the specific versions? Is this about DSE Search or OSS Solr? What is the DSE / cassandra version in your cluster?

Assuming that this is about DSE Search:

We normally recommend to deploy DSE Search nodes in their own datacenter, but you already mention that this is not an option. In any case, you need to run DSE Search on all nodes in the DC.

If you are adding this to a running DSE cluster, check your snitch settings (as DSESimpleSnitch does not allow you to change the workload, you would be better using GossipingPropertyFileSnitch) and check your vnode settings, as we recommend no more than 8 vnodes for Search workloads. The recommendation is also to have a dedicated SSD drive for the solr_data.

I hope this helps.

1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Its dse(5.1.20)

0 Likes 0 · ·