Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

adampaul avatar image
adampaul asked ·

How do I avoid indexing on startup due to commitlog replay?

In my cluster i have solr node where i have done indexing for one table which has more than 1 lakh records and after successful indexing whenever i stop nodes and starts again i face reindexing due to commitlog replay, i have same table and keyspace on other cluster but i dont face this on that cluster both cluster has identical configs.

Due to this startup indexing i have to wait for 5 hours to get solr up in normal state .

Could you please check this issue why alwyas indexing is starting though indexing is done and completed properly.

I am using version dse 6.7.4

dsesearch
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

That behaviour is expected. If you don't want any commit logs to be replayed on startup, you should drain the node before shutting down DSE with:

$ nodetool drain

This will flush all memtables to disk.

Unfortunately, we can't do any troubleshooting in this Q&A forum so you need to log a ticket with DataStax Support. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.