Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

fperalta avatar image
fperalta asked ·

Disable rollups tables not working

Hi we are trying to disable disables this rollups collection according to de documentation (DSE 6.7.6.1):

We added the following section [agent_config] to the cluster conf :

rollups60_ttl: -1

rollups60_ttl: -1

rollups7200_ttl: -1

rollups86400_ttl: -1

Restarted opscenter and the opscenter .log shows the information updated but we are observing sstable updates in the folders rollups300-*, rollups60-* ad so on

We tried also with equals instead of ':'

opscenter
2 comments
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @fperalta,

what is your OpsCenter version?

Here is the documentation for OpsCenter 6.7, and it looks you did everything correctly.

https://docs.datastax.com/en/opscenter/6.7/opsc/configure/opscMetricsConfig_r.html

If you could confirm your version, I will set up a quick test.

If you have a DSE Support contract, would you please also file a ticket with Datastax Support?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 · ·
fperalta avatar image fperalta bettina.swynnerton ♦♦ ·

Hi Bettina. My OpsCenter is 6.7.6.1.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @fperalta,

I ran a test with OpsCenter 6.7.6, and I used this syntax in the <cluster_name>.conf:

[agent_config]
rollups60_ttl = -1

This disabled the collection successfully on the rollups60 table and I do not see any additional sstables come in.

Would you try this again? It seems that the syntax with : is not correct in the docs, I will follow up on this inconsistency.

Don't forget to restart your OpsCenter after the changes, and do a nodetool flush on the OpsCenter keyspace to flush existing sstables to disk, but after that you should not see any further sstables coming in after you disabled the collection.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.