Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

igor.rmarinho_185445 avatar image
igor.rmarinho_185445 asked ·

How do I deal with big history data from another DB?

Hi guys,

I'd like to have an opinion in situation.

I'm doing a migration from another DB to Cassandra and it has a history table that have 200GB that's 50% of the actual size of my Cassandra DB (400GB), we have to keep the data for legal proposals and everything that's inserted, deleted, updated is written in this table. What would be the best way to deal with a this table in Cassandra, increase resources or create another DC and leave it there? I'm concerned about the amount of additional access will degraded the overall performance.

Thank you.

cassandra
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I don't see that this table will present any problems In my experience, a transaction log table is mostly a write-once and maybe read-never or hardly ever.

200GB isn't really a lot of data so unless you have specific concerns about your cluster, it should be fine. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.