Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

adampaul avatar image
adampaul asked Erick Ramirez commented

Can someone guide me for the exact procedure for backup and restore?

I want to backup and restore keyspace please guide me the steps for following scenarios.

I tried few documents but not working in my case.

Requirments :

I have one 3 node test cluster-1 having 2 keyspace with 2 tables each. I want to backup and restore these 2 keyspace to cluster 2 which has different number of nodes i.e 2 nodes and i want to restore keyspace with different name than source node.

For eg. Cluster-1 ks names : testks_23082020 and testks_24082020

Want cluster-2 keyspace names as testks_21092020_adam and testks_23092020 but data same as that of cluster-1.

I tried using schema creation and loading sstables by stopping dse and starting post copying and sstableloader also but post restoration i am getting incompatible version for few columns .

I am using dse 6.7.4 version please guide exact steps and method. Please note node configuration is different on both cluster

dsebackup
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

As I stated in your other post (#8519), you cannot restore tables with user-defined types (UDTs) to another keyspace.

The UDT definition is part of a keyspace so it is encoded with the data in the SSTables. As such, you can only restore data to the same keyspace. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the valuable support. appreciate quick response.

0 Likes 0 ·

Glad to help. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·