Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

rohithsolomon avatar image
rohithsolomon asked Erick Ramirez edited

sstableloader fails with No LoginModules configured for DseClient

Team:

While running SSTABLELOADER I see the below error:

All host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /192.168.56.101:9042 (com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ConnectionException: [/192.168.56.101:9042] Unexpected error during transport initialization (java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for DseClient)))
com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException: All host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /192.168.56.101:9042 (com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.ConnectionException: [/192.168.56.101:9042] Unexpected error during transport initialization (java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for DseClient)))

Searching in Google landed me hits related to Kerberos based authentication and port issues:

> I haven't enable Kerberos based authentication. I followed instructions in https://docs.datastax.com/en/security/6.7/security/Auth/secEnableDseAuthenticator.html

authentication_options:
    enabled: true
    default_scheme: internal

I see the following line uncommented in DSE.YAML file. Looks like dafault settings:

kerberos_options:
    keytab: resources/dse/conf/dse.keytab
    service_principal: dse/_HOST@REALM
    http_principal: HTTP/_HOST@REALM
    qop: auth

> Port 9042 looks good

theowl@c-node2:/etc/dse$ netstat -anp | grep 9042
tcp        0      0 192.168.56.101:9042     0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -

The command I used:

theowl@c-node2:/etc/dse$ sudo sh -c 'sstableloader -d 192.168.56.101 /var/lib/cassandra/data/killr_video/user_by_email-*'

DSE Version:

DSE 6.7.8

Any help is highly appreciated.

sstableloader
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Just curious, is this related to some config settings in one of the following:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 cassandra cassandra  1258 Apr 17 16:03 cqlshrc.sample.ssl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cassandra cassandra  1210 Apr 17 16:03 cqlshrc.sample.kerberos_ssl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cassandra cassandra   975 Apr 17 16:03 cqlshrc.sample.kerberos
-rw-r--r-- 1 cassandra cassandra  6969 Apr 17 16:03 cqlshrc.sample
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cassandra cassandra  1381 Apr 17 16:03 cqlshrc.default
-rw-r--r-- 1 cassandra cassandra   148 Apr 17 16:03 cassandra-jaas.config

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez edited

You'll need to provide login credentials when you have authentication enabled.

For example:

$ sstableloader -u cass_role -pw some_password -d host_ip /path/to/ks_name/table_name/

For more info, see the docs on sstableloader utility and Providing credentials on the command line. Cheers!

[CORRECTION] Use the -pw flag when specifying the password.

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hey @Erick Ramirez thanks for the reply. I think I used -u and -p initially and that failed. Looks like we should user -pw flag instead of -p

We often use -p for passwords and that toppled me.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, you're right. It got me too! :facepalm:

I'll update my post. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·