Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

bb.addagada_90355 avatar image
bb.addagada_90355 asked ·

Issues with JMX Authentication for nodetool command

Hi,
we are using DSE 6.7,

I had enabled jmx native authentication using https://docs.datastax.com/en/security/6.7/security/secJmxAuth.html#secJmxAuth.

However, after restarting I am able to run nodetool -u -pwd status command.

But I am able to run nodetool status command without username and password which
I am not expected.

Basically I am trying to avoid JMX vulnerability .

Can you please help me?

jmx
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

The symptoms you described indicate that either (a) you did not configure it correctly or (b) you have not enabled it by restarting DSE.

I suggest you go over the procedure again and make sure that you followed every single step correctly. If you missed any of the steps, none of it would work. In addition, I recommend you practice configuring it on a non-production environment multiple times before attempting to implement it in a production cluster.

If you still require assistance, please log a DataStax Support ticket so one of our engineers can assist you directly. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.