Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

shiji.cherian_137128 avatar image
shiji.cherian_137128 asked ·

What are the best migration tools for Cassandra?

Which are the best migration/evolution tools for cassandra? i.e tool for managing database evolution/versioning (similar to flyway)

Also is there really a need for the same?

migration tool
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@shiji.cherian_137128 you haven't provided a lot of information so I'm going to assume that you mean migrating data from another database to Cassandra.

DataStax Enterprise provides various solutions for migrating data from external sources to a DSE cluster depending on your use case:

Otherwise, there are lots of ETL vendors which support extract-transform-load solutions for DataStax Enterprise. For more information, see Migrating data to DataStax Enterprise. Cheers!

3 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

HI @Erick Ramirez, thanks for reaching out

by migration tool, I meant a tool that keeps a track and organises the database schema evolutions, more like version control of database. for rdbms, we have tools like flyway and liquibase. similarly, do we have for cassandra?

0 Likes 0 · ·

@shiji.cherian_137128 there isn't such a tool in Cassandra. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·

Thanks for the response!

1 Like 1 · ·