Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

a.gheshlaghy_177282 avatar image
a.gheshlaghy_177282 asked ·

OpsCenter Backup sync to location stuck in progress

Hi

i am trying to test opscenter backup service, Sync to location in backup gets stuck in progress status and it never finishes but when i reset related agents and rerun backup, it finishes within 2minutes.

i have less than 2gigabytes of data .

for clarification i have tested it many times, most of the times it gets stuck and it never finishes.
Nodes that are in progress status are different every time, investigated agents logs and no error appears.

opscenterbackup
1598222797659.png (9.4 KiB)
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

The symptoms you described indicates that you have an environmental issue.

You can try and enable debugging on the agents by setting this line in /etc/datastax-agent/log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO,R,stdout

to

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG,R,stdout

Note that this requires an agent restart for the changes to take effect.

This issue with your environment will be difficult to troubleshoot your problem in a Q&A forum format so if you require assistance, please log a ticket with DataStax Support (requires a valid subscription) so one of our engineers can assist you directly. Cheers!

1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the hint,unfortunately i don't have subscription and just evaluating the product.

0 Likes 0 · ·