DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

akapatil1 avatar image
akapatil1 asked ·

Why is there no credential ID on my certificate?

I passed exam . I got certificate which does not have credential id

certification
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I'm not sure what your idea is of a "credential ID" but it doesn't exist.

On successful completion of the exam, you are issued a certificate with a QR code that is used to validate the certificate against the records at the DataStax Certifications portal. Cheers!

9 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

One of my friend also gave exam in June .He got certificate ID on certificate which we used in LinkedIn to add certification as credential Id and url. But I do not have any certificate Id on my certificate. Where can I get them (certification url) ?

0 Likes 0 · ·

Again, there are no IDs on the certificates in the new system since they are all tied to your email address. Did you look at the QR code on the certificate? That is the URL. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
akapatil1 avatar image akapatil1 Erick Ramirez ♦♦ ·

There is no QR code on My certificate.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

Where did you get the certificate from?

I don't have admin access to the DataStax Certifications portal but could you tell me if there's anywhere in the UI where there's a record of your exam or certificate?

In the portal, you should be able to see several options for support at the bottom of the page. Please contact them in the first instance to see if they can answer your queries. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
akapatil1 avatar image akapatil1 Erick Ramirez ♦♦ ·

After giving exam on https://certification.mettl.com/datastax/applicant/dashboard

I am able to see my certificate and download option. Here you can see record of my exam and certificate.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

I didn't get a Certificate ID either, which I thought was necessary for posting the certificate to LinkedIn. Instead, I just posted the certificate without an ID, and posted the url to the "verify certification" page mettl provides. E.g., mine is: https://certification.mettl.com/datastax/applicant/verify-certification-with-qr?email=ryan.quey%40anant.us&assessment=Apache%20Cassandra%20Administrator%20Associate%20Certification&date=Oct%2022,%202020

Hopefully this link is permanent...

You can get your link by putting your email in here: https://certification.mettl.com/datastax/applicant/verify-certification-with-qr

0 Likes 0 · ·