Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

francisdomoney@aol.com avatar image
francisdomoney@aol.com asked ·

Kafka connector scenario on Katakoda isn't working as expected

I am fighting with the Datastax Kafka Connector example and having problems

I want to use Katakoda as example software to overcome the overwhelming volume of configuration information in the documentation about how to make something simple work.

The Organisation looks bad if they post something that doesn't work out of the box. eg wrong JAVA_HOME and the connector write to Astra is fighting back, I don't really want to spend hours debugging it.

kafka-connectorkatakoda
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

No need to debug this on your own. I've asked the team to take a look as I am seeing something similar with this scenario as well. We'll get it fixed up. Thanks for pointing it out. What's strange is we haven't changed this scenario so wonder if there was some change in the environment.

1 Like 1 · ·

1 Answer

David Jones-Gilardi avatar image
David Jones-Gilardi answered ·

After talking to the Katacoda team this was due to the Java path being set incorrectly and some naming changes that were not reflected with the new Kafka connector. These are fixed up now and the scenario is working properly again.

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.