Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

prylandsmoore_193617 avatar image
prylandsmoore_193617 asked ·

Help! I need an instance for week 6.

I tried (diligently!) to do this locally, and even bringing up a 1-node Cassandra cluster under kubernetes constantly retries and never comes up completely. The form for instances is unfortunately no longer valid.

workshop
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

As I previously answered in this FAQ, cloud instances are only provided during the live workshop. We don't provision instances after the workshop has completed which is why we disable access to the form.

We are developers like you are and we manually launch those cloud instances for participants like yourself. We don't have access to operations engineers who can manage the cloud instances for us and we don't have the budget for it either. :)

For what it's worth, the cloud instances cost us $6/day so with 2,000+ participants -- the costs are sky high and a nightmare for us to manage. Instead, we encourage you to check out the free options from the public cloud providers. I've provided some resources in this post. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.