DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

kevinpaulson1997_191768 avatar image
kevinpaulson1997_191768 asked ·

I have not been contacted yet to reschedule my exam

It has been more than a month and still, no one has contacted me for the rescheduling of my certification exam. They promised that they would contact me but they have not contacted me yet. Is this how you will treat who buys certifications from you guys?

certification
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I hear the frustration in your post. Rest assured, we are here to help.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here because we were waiting to hear back from you. In fact, I contacted you last week in #6589 but you never responded. For clarification, you could not sit the exam because you couldn't comply with the exam rules specifically around your laptop/desktop not having a webcam.

Where we left it off, you stated 2 weeks ago that you were not able to purchase a webcam due to the pandemic. I advised that I would organise to reschedule your exam when you have a webcam available and that your computer is compliant.

Again, I contacted you last week to find out if you had a webcam but you didn't respond.

In relation to "buying certifications", I tried to lookup your account but I can't seem to find a record that you paid to sit the exam. I would conclude from this that we gave you a complimentary voucher so you are taking the exam for free. Feel free to correct me if I got this wrong.

Let me know either way and I will organise another complimentary voucher/coupon to be issued to you so you don't have to pay to get the exam rescheduled. We will give you the exam for free. Cheers!

[UPDATE] The Academy team has issued you a complimentary coupon so you can take the exam for free. I will send it to you privately.

3 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@kevinpaulson1997_191768 I haven't heard back from you still. Do you have a webcam or not?

0 Likes 0 · ·

Yes, I got a complimentary voucher. But I was pointing out that If someone would actually pay such a huge amount for certification would you treat them the same way? And about you contacting me I had waited for so long and I never heard from you guys so I messaged here in the community and I could not even spot your answer because the size of the text is so small and also I did not receive any email as I usually do. And regarding the rules, they are not framed properly and it is nowhere mentioned that I cannot use my mobile camera as a webcam explicitly, and when I asked the proctorU representative she said it was okay. Either way, thank you for the coupon code and also don't keep someone waiting for this long if he or she really buys this certification and ends up with problems like this, and please frame the rules properly. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ kevinpaulson1997_191768 ·

You are welcome.

0 Likes 0 · ·