DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

nikhil.mantrao76_193171 avatar image
nikhil.mantrao76_193171 asked ·

Why did I lose the progress on my courses at the new Academy site?

[Logged on behalf of Nikhil Mantrao via @David Jones-Gilardi]

academy
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

I have previously addressed this question in an FAQ -- Why does my previous course progress not show at the new Academy site?

The new LMS is a completely new platform with nothing in common with the old system it replaced. Due to this limitation, only the progress of fully completed courses (100% complete) were migrated to the new Academy site.

The progress of partially completed courses in the old site -- even for courses which are 99% complete -- will not be reflected on the new site.

I've checked in the old site and see that you've completed multiple courses with DS210 partially completed:

I've confirmed that this matches what is shown for your profile in the new Academy site -- DS101, DS201 and DS220 are marked as 100% complete.

Please note that your course completion progress is not a pre-requisite to sitting the certification exam. This does not in any way disqualify you from booking an exam.

Thanks for staying with us through the transition. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.