Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

ayanit84 avatar image
ayanit84 asked ·

How do I submit code for the Astrakathon?

https://github.com/DataStax-Academy/cassandra-workshop-series/blob/master/week4-AppDev-api/HACKATHON.MD

As per above link, there is a git repo https://github.com/DataStax-Academy/astrakathon.

- Do we have to push code in this git repo in separate branch ?

- Or we have to submit your code at astrakathon@datastax.com

Please make it clear.

workshopastrakathon
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

As it states in step 5 of the page you referenced:

We have created an alias for your submissions : astrakathon@datastax.com. You would provide code and documentations as an archive.

I'm assuming from your question that you didn't understand what an "archive" is so allow me to explain.

For the purposes of making a submission, an archive can be any of the following:

• a "tarball" aka a Unix tar archive (most common format, industry standard)
  • a RAR file (uncommon for code releases)
  • or just a plain zipped file (for Windows users who don't know what a tarball is)

I hope this helps. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks for confirming. Now it is clear for me, only email submission is the process, I was misinterpreting the statement "Once done and winners announced and all source code will be open source for everyone to get it on a dedicated repository", so got confused with how to submit.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Right. We will be publishing the winning submissions to the Github repository. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·