Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

lg3877482_193831 avatar image
lg3877482_193831 asked ·

Unable to upload the secure connect bundle to Python backend of week 4 exercise

I was working on week 4 exercise and I am able to open the UI in browser but when I try to upload the secure connect bundle after I select my file, nothing happens

workshop
8 comments
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @lg3877482_193831,

do you manage to select the file and fully populate the form data?

I am asking as this has been problematic on Windows 10, where we advise the following:

Do not click on the drag and drop box to choose the file.

Instead, open a file explorer and drop the secure bundle from the explorer into the box.

0 Likes 0 · ·
lg3877482_193831 avatar image lg3877482_193831 bettina.swynnerton ♦♦ ·

Tried the mentioned process, still facing the same issue

0 Likes 0 · ·
lg3877482_193831 avatar image lg3877482_193831 bettina.swynnerton ♦♦ ·

I can select the files but can't populate the secure connect bundle field

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi @lg3877482_193831,

I am sorry, I thought we had solved this issue with the previously mentioned workaround, tested with Chrome and Windows10.

Could you confirm your browser and OS versions?

Are you seeing this text in the drag and drop box:

"Drag and Drop your SecureConnectBundle zip file. WINDOWS 10 users => do not click this box but drag and drop)"

Thanks for your patience, it's annoying to be stuck at this point. You wouldn't see any errors on gitpod, this is a local problem how the browser deals with this form dialog on some operating systems.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

To sum up the conversation in the comments:

We found that this is a problem when using Windows10. The upload from the Windows10 file system to the form data via the UI dialog fails, because the file type is not properly recognised or advertised as a zip file.

To work around this issue, we made some changes to the UI dialog code to allow all file types. To be able to use this workaround, make sure you work with the most up-to-date version on Github.

We still have an issue with window contexts when working with Windows10, so the recommended practice is to:

- Do not click on the drag and drop box to choose the file.

- Instead, open a file explorer and drop the secure bundle from the explorer into the box.

Thanks for your patience!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.