Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

praveenmakhija_193961 avatar image
praveenmakhija_193961 asked ·

kubectl error after scaling up cluster in the week 5 exercises

Was trying to follow through the excercise, after exceuting 4. Scale up our cluster, kubectl throws this error "Unable to connect to the server: net/http: TLS handshake timeout" on any/every command now.

I guess, my laptop is not able to take the laod.

How to stop the cluster gracefully?

workshopcass-operator
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

You've provided limited information about your environment but in my experience my guess is that the machine where you have your Kubernetes cluster installed does not have enough memory and it's crashed on you.

We recommend that you only attempt running a 3-node cluster on machines which have at least 16GB of memory. In some circumstances, it might be possible to run the exercises with 12GB but you will eventually run into issues.

If you want to start over, you can delete your KiND cluster with the following command:

$ kind delete cluster --name kind-cassandra

For more info on deleting a KiND cluster or other basic Kubernetes commands, see the KiND Quick Start guide. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.