DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

vaish avatar image
vaish asked ·

Why can't I search for stacks in Datastax Desktop?

I have finished installing and setting up Datastax Desktop and Docker on Windows 10. However, when I start Guided experience, I just get a blank screen, and when I search for stacks in the store, I do not get any result. Am I missing something?

datastax desktop
1595911358117.png (25.9 KiB)
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jake.robb_180590 avatar image
jake.robb_180590 answered ·

Version 2.2.1 is now available: https://downloads.datastax.com/#desktop

Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for trying Desktop! If you have any more trouble, please don't hesitate to ask.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Jake!

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Sorry about that. There are a couple of issues in DataStax Desktop 2.2.0 which you're hitting. For some reason, users are hit with a blank screen and stacks don't show in the Stack Store.

Version 2.2.1 which contains the fix is due to be released in a few hours (morning of US Pacific time).

Apologies again for the inconvenience and thanks for using DataStax Desktop. Cheers!

1 comment Share

Thanks Eric. I am trying Desktop from my Ubuntu machine. 20.04 version

Despite being able to run the Docker Hello World container, Desktop tells me "Docker is installed but not running. Start it to continue"

Not my priority to overcome for today, but will come back to it.

0 Likes 0 · ·