Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 7 Materials and Homework.

Registrations still open!

question

Subhodeep_Sinha avatar image
Subhodeep_Sinha asked ·

Why is my spacecraft from the week 3 workshop not able to take readings?

I did the codes in Gitpod but it's not showing up any readings as it was given in Materials and Homework 3. My code is not showing the readings and here is one screenshot I share...

workshop
screenshot-533.png (393.0 KiB)
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Cedrick Lunven avatar image
Cedrick Lunven answered ·

Hi @Subhodeep_Sinha,

Thank you for opening the issue here (I routed your from discord)

Looking at your screenshot you are using proper `journey_id` and `spacecraftName` as your are able to see the details of a journey (ex `Ex08_Query4b_Read_Journey_Details`).

The issue here IMO is you did not run the following `Ex05_Query5c_Travel` which create the metrics.

In class `Ex04_Query5b_TakeOff` make sure to update the folowing lines then

// ===> WE WILL USE THIS VALUES EVERYWHERE
public static String SPACECRAFT  = "Crew Dragon Endeavour,SpaceX";
public static String JOURNEY_ID  = "<your_id>";
// <=====

Can you try to execute it again ?

In astra to check you cal also use the following CQL:

select * from spacecraft_speed_over_time where spacecraft_name='Crew Dragon Endeavour,SpaceX' AND journey_id=<your_id>

Best Regards

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you its working

0 Likes 0 · ·
bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @Subhodeep_Sinha,

check that you set the right Spacecraft name in Exercise Ex05_Query5c_Travel.py.

In most Exercises, the variable spacecraft_name is set to Crew Dragon Endeavour,SpaceX.

However, in Ex05_Query5c_Travel.py it is set to something else, and when you check you will see that this is my fault, sorry.

If you didn't change the name there, this particular exercise would have recorded no metrics for your journey, which then means that they are not being read in the Exercises 9 and 10.

We will correct this error today, but if you want to try again, check that the spacecraft_name and journey-id match throughout your exercises.

I hope this explains the behaviour you are seeing here.

Thanks!

1 comment Share

Thank you. It worked

0 Likes 0 · ·