I just started work on FFI bindings for the C/C++ driver in rust. So far, I've generated some symbols using bindgen then used those symbols to port the C driver graph example (we use graph primarily at work, so that's where I decided to start).
Here's the rust port of the example, as of last night:
and here's the output, which I think is pretty close to the what the original would output
It feels a little too early to make any sort of announcement, but I wanted to put something out there to see if there was any interest.
Next steps for me are to introduce some more rust features to this unsafe API example program, such as iterating over ranges instead of using while loops and manual iteration tracking, then I'll begin to model a higher-level API on top of this to capture the allocation/free of objects as rust lifetimes.
No idea when I'd have something usable for a production setting, but I just wanted to share that I'd been making some small progress.