Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 7 Materials and Homework.

Registrations still open!

question

natrajan.rajasekaran_191958 avatar image
natrajan.rajasekaran_191958 asked ·

Issue with Java 11 for cassandra-workshop-series/week3-AppDev-crud/crud-java

I work with the above hands on practice. When I try with Java 11. I get the below error:

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile)

But, it worked fine when I changed the java version in the pom.xml to 1.8. I have Java 11.0.4 installed in my macbook and I have set the same JDK in my Intellij.

workshop
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @natrajan.rajasekaran_191958,

I am using Java 11, and I can follow all these instructions here without error:

https://github.com/DataStax-Academy/cassandra-workshop-series/blob/master/week3-AppDev-crud/README_JAVA.MD

What is your mvn version? I am using Apache Maven 3.6.3.

Let us know at which step in the instructions you are getting this error, and how you are running the tests, we want to help you.

Thanks!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank You. My maven version is 3.6.1. When checked again, I found that I set the java version in as 1.8. I pointed to 11.0.4. It is working now. Thanks,

1 Like 1 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ natrajan.rajasekaran_191958 ·

Good to hear that you got it working. Just letting you know that I've converted your post to a comment since it's not an "answer". Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·