DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

patpx avatar image
patpx asked Erick Ramirez answered

What are the SSH credentials for Academy course DS220?

I registered for the free online course to learn Cassandra. However, I'm trying to do the exercises for DS220 course and I unable to SSH into cloud environment.

Where do I get the IP address and class key needed to SSH into cloud environment?

The materials state the classroom instructor would give you that information but I haven't seen it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

academyds220
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered

Hi @patpx,

please use either DataStax Astra, the course VM or your own AWS instance for the exercises for DS220.

You can register here for Astra, and create a free tier database that should allow you to do all the exercises.

I hope this helps!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

To add to Bettina's answer, the instructions for the DS220 Academy course exercise sheet clearly states that you will only get allocated a cloud instance by an instructor if you are taking the course in a class environment:

If you are taking this course in a class environment, your instructor will assign you an IP address of a cloud instance that you will SSH into.

A "class environment" is when you have paid to attend the course in person at a physical location. Since you are doing the course online for free, this doesn't apply to you. Cheers!