DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

patpx avatar image
patpx asked ·

What are the SSH credentials for Academy course DS220?

I registered for the free online course to learn Cassandra. However, I'm trying to do the exercises for DS220 course and I unable to SSH into cloud environment.

Where do I get the IP address and class key needed to SSH into cloud environment?

The materials state the classroom instructor would give you that information but I haven't seen it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

academyds220
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @patpx,

please use either DataStax Astra, the course VM or your own AWS instance for the exercises for DS220.

You can register here for Astra, and create a free tier database that should allow you to do all the exercises.

I hope this helps!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

To add to Bettina's answer, the instructions for the DS220 Academy course exercise sheet clearly states that you will only get allocated a cloud instance by an instructor if you are taking the course in a class environment:

If you are taking this course in a class environment, your instructor will assign you an IP address of a cloud instance that you will SSH into.

A "class environment" is when you have paid to attend the course in person at a physical location. Since you are doing the course online for free, this doesn't apply to you. Cheers!