DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

kevinpaulson1997_191768 avatar image
kevinpaulson1997_191768 asked ·

ProctorU did not allow me to use my mobile as a webcam

A problem with the proctor while giving the certification exam. ( You should change the service provider)

I was all ready to give my exam but the proctor says I cannot attend the exam as I am using my phone as my webcam.

I had well before confirmed with a proctorU representative if I can use my phone as my webcam since I don't have a webcam on my computer and she said yes. And today when I was all set to give this exam the proctor say I can't use it. I mean why would you say that you can use it and during the time of the exam deny it. Everyone does not have a webcam on their laptop just like me.

What can I do now please tell me as I was not allowed to give my exam because of this?

certification
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very sorry that another proctor advised that you can use your mobile phone's camera for the exam. This is a misunderstanding.

The Academy exam rules explicitly state that you must pass ProctorU's pre-flight test. You cannot use a mobile phone as a camera because of these conditions:

• No other programs or browser windows can be open during the exam.
  • Your PC's screen is recorded during the exam to confirm that you have not opened any apps or browsers to look up answers.

ProctorU cannot administer the exam if it cannot verify that your laptop/PC is compliant.

Bettina's already reached out to the Academy team. We will request them to reschedule your exam for a later date to give you the opportunity to either purchase a webcam or source another laptop/PC which has a built-in webcam. Cheers!

3 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

How to get a webcam during this pandemic. Can I reschedule when I want to because it will take some time to look for a webcam?

0 Likes 0 · ·

I have not yet heard from anyone yet.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ kevinpaulson1997_191768 ·

Do you have a webcam yet? If not, then there's nothing to reschedule until you get a webcam (whenever that may be). Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi @kevinpaulson1997_191768,

I am very sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with the proctoring service.

The requirement for a webcam is well documented, and it should have been picked up in the pre-flight test, and it is surprising to hear that a protorU representative approved the use of the mobile phone.

Let me pass this to the Academy team who deal with the certifications, to investigate and see what options we have.

Thank you for your patience.

1 comment Share

Yes please do that. I do not have a webcam and all the shops are closed due to this pandemic. Please find a solution

0 Likes 0 · ·