Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

gungz87_193298 avatar image
gungz87_193298 asked ·

Feedback - Validation Quiz Week 3 Cassandra Workshop Series

Hi Datastax Team,

First of all, thanks for the workshop series, I found it very helpful and good for learning.

After submitting the validation quiz for week 3, the form responds with correct answer, my understanding the correct answer for below question should be : spacecraft_name, journey_id because the answer is about PARTITION key and not primary key which will include clustering key. Could you please check and review if my understanding is correct ?

The answer posted by response of the form is below.

#1 - What is the PARTITION key of table spacecraft_speed_over_time

ANSWER: ((spacecraft_name, journey_id), reading_time)

Additionally, not sure if this has been asked by someone else in this community but if we answer some questions wrong, will it impact our eligibility to get the exam certification voucher ?

Thanks

workshopfeedback
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

joshuatavara23_193463 avatar image
joshuatavara23_193463 answered ·

Yes, I agree. I think the correct answer should be "spacecraft_name, journey_id " according to how the table was created.

1594838808034.png (12.2 KiB)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

This was previously reported in question #6521. As David stated, I've fixed the form yesterday and it now displays the correct answer post-submission.

For the second part of your question, I'm going to repost my answer in question #6582:

The validation quiz at the end of each workshop is for our benefit (the workshop hosts) so we have a gauge of how participants are going and whether they are learning key topics from the workshops.

And when the validation quiz is completed within 24 hours of a workshop, we use it as confirmation of attendance. But again, just as a way for us to track aggregate participation.

To be clear, the quizzes are NOT to penalise participants. Think of the quizzes as a way of thanking us for the 100+ hours we spend on delivering a workshop each week. When you complete the quiz immediately, it's you acknowledging our efforts and showing your appreciation at the end of each workshop.

We are here to help each and everyone of you learn, develop and become successful with Apache Cassandra.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. The feedback is much appreciated. Cheers!

David Jones-Gilardi avatar image
David Jones-Gilardi answered ·

Yes @joshuatavara23_193463, you are correct. It was a mistake on our end with the form. This has been corrected and you should be able to resubmit the form with the correct answer.

3 comments Share

Hi @David Jones-Gilardi, if we have submitted the form correctly, then nothing to do, right ? Because the wrong one is the response of the form, the option selected to submit the form has been correct.

0 Likes 0 · ·

That's correct. :)

0 Likes 0 · ·

[Follow up questions posted as #6582 and #6584]

0 Likes 0 · ·