DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

nagasree963_193876 avatar image
nagasree963_193876 asked ·

Does the cass-operator support rolling upgrade?

Is cass-operator supports on demand rolling version and patch update. It means is there any field to specify rolling update and then do a patch specified . Operator version is 1.3 and application version is 3.11.6

cass-operatorkubernetesupgrade
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Yes, the cass-operator supports rolling upgrades. However at the time of writing, only Cassandra 3.11.6 is supported so there is no real way to test it out at the moment.

In any case, you need to edit the configuration to with a new serverVersion and add a forceUpgradeRacks spec. When you save the configuration, the operator will apply the changes and do a rolling restart.

I haven't managed to test it out myself so I'm going to reach out to the authors of the operator for confirmation. In the meantime for details, see Upgrade Cassandra or DSE clusters in Kubernetes. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.