Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 7 Materials and Homework.

Registrations still open!

question

singhal.girish_192861 avatar image
singhal.girish_192861 asked ·

Astra database initialization still going after 3 hours

Hi,

I attended an even today "

Cassandra Developer Workshop - NEW!

"

and in the session we were guided to create setup a database on Astra. I created my own database and then terminated it. Further I tried creating another database with the exact information provided in the session notes. But unfortunately that database creation is running since 3 hours or so and is stuck at "initialization". The browser show the below message in the Astra portal ----- "Database is initializing. You'll receive an email when the database is ready. While you're waiting, learn how to get started with your database.Database creation started at Jul 1st 2020 5:45pm UTC. This can take as long as 30 minutes but is usually much quicker. "-----

Please help.

Thanks,

Girish

astra
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Astra.

You haven't provided information about your Astra account details or DB URL so I'm a bit limited in what I can do. For now, I'm assuming you've used the same email address to login to Astra and I'll get in contact with the Astra team on your behalf.

For future reference, there's a Get Help button on the Astra interface. This is the best way to request assistance since the team are able to see your details if you request help there.

I will update this post when I hear more. Cheers!

4 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks for taking this up. Yes I used the same email address.

The DB details are-

database name** - `killrvideocluster.

keyspace name** - `killrvideo`

Database User name** - `KVUser

0 Likes 0 · ·

Respective Astra database is still initializing after more than 11 hours...

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ singhal.girish_192861 ·

Again, I'm very sorry that you're experiencing issues. Can you confirm that you requested support directly from the UI by clicking on the Get Help button?

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ singhal.girish_192861 ·

@singhal.girish_192861 your account has been reset so you should be able to log back in and launch a new DB. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·