DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

acucciarre_144605 avatar image
acucciarre_144605 asked ·

Why does the default superuser password on a cass-operator node stop working?

I'm a running cassandra in kuberentes and I have used the cassandra operator 1.0 provided by datastax.

Are you aware of any issue about superuser after some time not being to connect using the usual password?

cass-operatorkubernetes
2 comments
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @acucciarre_144605,

it's not a behaviour I would expect. Can you give more details about the connection failure? Are you connecting via cqlsh? Are the pods fully up and running?

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi @acucciarre_144605, are the security keyspaces data fully repaired and having enough replication? Could you provide the commands and the stack trace (from the console as well as from the logs files) here that could help identify the problem?

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

This isn't normal behaviour for nodes built with the cass-operator so I suspect that the STS ran into some problems and got terminated.

You should check the pods to see if they got replaced. The quickest way to tell is by checking the running time on the pods:

$ kubectl -n cass-operator get pods

Otherwise, confirm that the secret you have is valid and correct. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.